Monday, October 5, 2009

The Color of the Fall

The leaves are changingtheir color's, and slowly falling to the ground, its here...so soon...Autumn. What a beautiful season it is. The breath taking colors, the warm/cool air mingling together, the smell of that sweet aroma only this glorious time can bring.The next few pics. are from Dave a photographer in our city in fall.To see more photots of Daves, click the link...........




http://www.agpix.com/photographer/prime/A0232950.html





I've driven through Ontario Canada in September, and oh my... you've never seen color like that! The bright red that come from the maple trees are every were, the valleys, the mountains, back yards. This beauty can't help but sing the praises of the Almighty.




In Manitoba, most of the changing color is yellow, and light browns. From the aspens and great oaks. We do have some maples, but not like the abundance found in other Provence's.

I remember as a "youngin", my dad would talk us kids into raking leaves...we really did love it, especially on grandma's farm where the trees were abundant. We would pile it as high as we could, and then jump into it. What a blast! This something wonderful I too have shared with my own children, and as the grand kids come...(and they are)...I will do the same kind of play with them.

Life is good!

14 comments:

  1. This is so very beautiful!
    Your colorful leaves are ahead of ours in Kansas.
    We probably won't catch up with you due to the wind blowing the leaves off the trees before they get a chance to totally turn.

    I'm so glad you shared these beautiful pictures with us.
    Blessings,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what beautiful photos! I'm not especially fond of Fall but you can't ignore the beauty all around you!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get enough of these beautiful fall colors! The last little guy playing in the leaves is fun! Have a happy Autumn day Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie, thank you so much for your prayers for Amy, they are really appreciated, it means so much to our family to be blessed with friend like you, thank you.

    Your blog looks wonderful I love all the fall colors, and that photo from Canada wow its gorgeous. Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing those real fall colors. They are very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gracie,

    These photos are spectacular. They move me so much I just want to fall to my knees and praise God for His amazing creation and how He elights our eyes and our lives.

    Absolutely beautiful. I live in So California. We have mostly brown around this time of year. I miss the colors of fall. So, thank you.

    Have a blessed day, hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these fall photos! Autumn is my favorite season and yet I now live in Phoenix, AZ and it still is warm. But I grew up in NY so I remember well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures...and memories....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gracie,
    I'm back after reading your comment on Heart Choices. Please don't give up on blogging. I am now following you too. I don't want to lose you either. I'd been considering for some time now how personal to get on my blog but one of my desires was to be more transparent and real. After all, who said the Christian life is health, wealth and happiness? Yes, we have the joy of our salvation but life here is hard. But it's not our permanent home; we're just passing through. But I hope to encourage other women and to let them know they're not alone. I've found many women like us who love the Lord. So, hang in there and let's keep visiting.
    Blessings to you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! The fall colors are my favorite! These photos are gorgeous! The first one looks exactly like the colors on the lake where my dad's home is... He lives in the far northern woods of Wisconsin (in a little town called Eagle River...noted as the Snowmobile capital of the world. :o)

    Blessings & aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors of God's creation are just exquisite in your photos! I am just in awe at how much Jesus loves each one of us - just to give us a glimpse of heaven on earth with all His creativity.. I look forward to seeing more of your blog postings.. Thank you so much for blessing my heart today with the beauty you have posted..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I would come back here to comment...cuz it would not allow me to reply through your email, "Mr. NOREPLY" comes up instead... I laugh now how when I first started blogging, I thought I was replying to comments and in actuality all those went to the great unknown blogging airways of NOREPLY!

    Thank you for coming by! And it is always such fun to find your comments, dear friend!

    I look forward to hearing what you might like drawn :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (also, as I scrolled down to comment here, I noticed Debbie 's (form Heart Choices) encourage you to keep blogging. (I love her blog too!) And I certainly hope that you continue your wonderful blog! I have so enjoyed getting to meet you and "traveling" with you through your wonderful photos and comments!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...